Richard Ray Whitman
Because of its success and the meaning Facing the Camera has generated for both myself and others, I have continued to photograph artists in different cities in an attempt to give as much representation to the indigenous community as possible. In 2012 I realized the Santa Fe Suite of this project during a residency at the Santa Fe Art Institute; I photographed the arts community that surrounded both the Institute and the Museum of Contemporary Native Art during the Indian Market festival (one of the most prestigious intertribal fine art markets in the world).
VIEW MORE OF THE SERIES:
- REVEAL Awards (Winnipeg 2017)
- Ontario College of Art & Design University: Nigig Residency (Toronto 2016)
- Australia (Melbourne 2016)
- Ontario (Ottawa 2009-16, Toronto 2010 & 2012, Sault Ste Marie 2012, Brantford 2009-10)
- Banff (2008 & 2011)
- Winnipeg (2011)
- Santa Fe Suite (2012)
- America (New York 2010, Washington 2010, Boulder 2010)
- Complete Series (2008-ongoing)
Thank you to everyone who has been part of Facing the Camera.